Thursday 18 December 2008

Key to Living.

I've just realised something, after reading a new post on a friend's blog, where he explains how he never seems to feel like he's living in the moment - really involving himself in life, and how he feels slightly detached, and then wondering why this could be - whether it's being overly mature, lack of experiences in life, or not having experienced passion and romantic relationships.

I've decided that it could be the amount of unpleasant experiences - whether it be throughout childhood, bad relationships, anything - is key to how you experience life. I believe this because, for one, you cannot truly have a great experience without having something to compare it to, and if you've had particularly horrible experiences, you're going to think the experience you're comparing them with is really good. This is why I value crappy experiences so much, which sounds stupid, but I really believe that we learn from everything.

What I guess I'm saying is, the worse experiences you've had, the more you're going to enjoy your life. I can honestly back this up by saying that I've experienced numerous amounts of shitty things throughout my short life, including domestic violence, poverty in different countries, divorce, moving across the face of the Earth leaving loved ones behind, being savagely bullied, and a whole lot of really shitty situations. But this means I value life a whole lot more, and I frequently smile at little things the world can offer. Like walking home from school, and seeing mothers with their tiny children smiling and laughing - my heart leaps, and I really hope they cherish moments they have for all they're worth.

So when opportunities come around that offer any enjoyment, I say take them, and if they ever go wrong you can learn something. I take pride in being adventurous, and I'm not really afraid of anything anymore.

6 comments:

  1. Jasmin.. You are so totally right. We all do learn from the crappy things we've experienced in life, but not everyone chooses to embrace life and it pisses me off.
    Lets all love life :)

    Love you! x <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord, the prententious self-righteousness is unbearable..Can't you post something a bit less teen-angsty?
    (No offense Jasmine.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to add, if you feel detached, it's because you're making yourself detached. There's loads of debate in that one sentence, and it's definitely not because you're "Overly mature" If you consider yourself to be "overly mature" all I can say is get over yourself.
    (This isn't aimed at you though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't like what I post then don't read it. And also, go fuck yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I was going to say, nowhere did I say I didnt like what you post, I was just stating an opinion :\
    Anywho, hi.

    ReplyDelete